Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I Am In My Happy Place ~ Finally


After weeks and weeks of dealing with some health concerns...I am finally in my happy place and guess what....it is really a great place to be.

I have always taken the art of worrying to the highest level...and it is exhausting!  I am pretty sure that it is part of my health problem~os but I don't know how to be any other way.  So I thought that I better get busy doing what I love to do most...all the while hoping that doing so would calm my ol' nerves and brighten my dusty spirit.  It did.

I tried that Dr. Phil thing of "behaving your way out of a situation or mood".  It is hard but I kept at it and now I am feeling so much better and calming down.  But more importantly...I am feeling more day~to~day joy.

Being the creative little stinker that I am...I whipped out my machine and piles and piles of cloth and ribbon and paint and buttons and bobbles and thread and buckwheat hulls and a bunch of attitude.

Take a peek~a~loo at what I have been up to...

As previously noted...I love the shape of a house...

A lot...

Also previously noted...my love of painting on cloth...

A wider view~ola...

Love this stuff...

And the full shot...

I heart checkerboard and chubby little suns...

I filled this little sachet with buckwheat hulls and whole allspice...smells so nice...

And now friends...a simple~dimple recipe that I made last night....delish!

Easy Chicken and Salsa

Place chicken cutlets in greased pan.

Sprinkle drained can of black beans over chicken.

Sprinkle drained can of kidney beans over chicken.

Spread any kind of salsa over beans.

Sprinkle frozen corn over salsa.

Bake in 400 degree oven for about 40 minutes.

Sprinkle with cheese and bake additional 5 minutes.

Remove from oven and cool a bit ~ 5 minutes or so.

To serve:  Spread tortilla chips on each plate, sprinkle shredded lettuce and cheese on chips.

Top with a piece of chicken and bean/salsa/corn/cheese miracle.

Yum!

I hope that everyone is having a great Tuesday.  It just started to snow again...and I'll tell you...this San Diego gal will never get used to how cool it is when it snows!  Stay warm everyone!

Smiles ~ Ramona

8 comments:

Christina said...

Ramona,

Those little houses are just fantastic. I love the one with the damask type pattern on the roof.

I plan to try your chicken recipe. Mmmm---maybe even tonight. It's 4:30 and no plans for dinner are in the works.

Darlene said...

Hey Ramona,

Your house pillows are so CUTE!! Love them!

Your chicken recipe sounds easy and delicious and exactly like something we would LOVE! Thanks for posting it.

I do hope your health concerns are nothing serious and that you can feel better. ♥

Ms. Tee said...

Hi Ramona~

Your houses are precious, as usual! And the recipe sounds dee-lish.
I'm so glad that you're feeling better now, too. :)
Hope you have a wonderful week!

Nancy Rosalina said...

The house pillows are adorable! The chicken sounds delish!
Very glad your health is okay! Worry can cause more problems then we think! I don't worry any more...I take it one day at a time...I think about today...never tomarrow or next week or next month...life is too short! Enjoy your life! Blessings, Nancy

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

HI Ramona, yes it is chilly lately isn't it? We have snow here at our S. Calif. home and our pipes keep freezing, we don't seem to have the right one wrapped...the ones connected to the SHOWER! Oh my. Love your houses! Too cute....I think one of them needs a little flower box in front...and no snow!
Blessings,
Debbie

Tammy said...

You have been a very busy creative girl. Love your creations. I am going to try out the chicken and salsa dinner recipe tomorrow night. Sounds great. I've lived in San Diego for 19 years now, having lived in Colorado for 3 years and Utah before that. I have to tell you I truly miss the snow during the winter months.

Unknown said...

Hey Babe. Just checking into your site. I love your new pillows! Can you make some that include garages filled with motorcycles?

See ya!

-Your Hubby

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Boy, I know what you mean, it can be so hard not to worry sometimes. I hope all is well with you--glad you're in your Happy Place! :-)

The chicken sounds easy and yummy. I'll have to give that a try. Thanks, Ramona!