Friday, May 8, 2009

Hooked On A Big Hook and Chunky Yarn

Don't you just love it? I am hooked on big crochet hooks...and Wool~ Ease Thick and Quick Yarn....Ahhhhhh...I love this stuff! Thanks to Julia from Hooked on Houses Friday Party for giving all of us a delightful place to share the goodies that we are hooked on!
For my quick crocheted creations of love I use this wonderful "Lion Brand Yarn". It is a warm blend of lamb's wool and acrylic...totally machine washable and a super bulky weight. But the best part and the part that has me hooked is that with a big crochet hook and a bit of time you can crochet the stress away and be cuddling under your work of love by the week's end.

I consider myself a "chain crochet~er"...I tend to be a tad high strung {or so says my Hubby} WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT...I AM NOT HIGH STRUNG...I JUST HAVE A LOT OF PASSION AND STRONG OPINIONS TO SHARE ABOUT EVERYTHING...well maybe the Boy has a point...SOOOOOO I crochet to relax and unwind...and with this super chunky yarn you can create afghans and scarves and socks and sweaters and caps and pot holders and washcloths and mittens in no time flat. It is a kick to see a project come together so quickly...and bonus..you will relieve stress and increase relaxation and have a lot of fun doing so!
I am really hooked on this green and orange lately...but that is another Friday...
I love the big hook...it is comfortable in my hand and you could stir a thick stew with it if need be...
Hook love...

Chunky, chubby, soft and cuddle~y yarn of joy...

This one is about ten years old...gets washed all the time...

Imagine snuggling up in this bad~boy fresh from the dyer...

My favorite. This oatmeal yarn is to die for....I made this afghan using a single crochet or maybe double...I don't remember cuz I was soooo relaxed...and I added a scallop~y edge. Washed it a million times and it is still going strong....
Grab yourself a big crochet hook and some super bulky yarn and enjoy....but before you do head on back over to Julia's Hooked on Fridays Party...her blog will relieve as much stress as single crocheting with big chubby yarn on a warm spring afternoon. Happy Crochet~ing my Friends!
Smiles ~ Ramona

13 comments:

Stacey said...

Very pretty Ramona!

Peacock Blue said...

I wish I could crochet! Yours are very pretty!

Michelle said...

Ooooh...I feel a crocheting needle coming on! These are fabulous...I've never done anything with real chunky yarn. They look so warm. :)

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I'm afraid I have no crafty skills whatsoever, so I don't know how to crochet. That oat yarn is so pretty, though, maybe I should learn. :-)

Hope you have a beautiful weekend, Ramona!

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I would have no clue how to even start. We need you to give us an online class.♥

Hope you have a WONDERFUL Mother's Day Ramona.♥

Ramona said...

Hey there ladies ~ Maybe I will figure out how to do one of those videos and post it...I could also post a video of my cheese bread....then you could all crochet while the bread bakes....ahhhhh....sounds like Heaven to me!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Smiles ~ Ramona

Christina said...

So pretty. I love all three. The oatmeal is just beautiful. I cannot do any hand work of any sort, but my mil can do wonderful things with yarn. Maybe, I'll have to request something.

Bridget said...

I love those single color, simple afghans. I would never have thought to do something like that. I think you've made me want to pick up a crochet hook again...just what a need, another hobby! LOL

Anonymous said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read that blog. Thank you for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Anonymous said...

Keep on posting such themes. I love to read blogs like that. By the way add more pics :)

Anonymous said...

Omg that green is beatiful, where can i find needles and yarn like that? i've been loking but can't find any! i see ur an expert and know this stuff :) could u help me? :P thanks!

Stephanie @ Snacking on Sunshine said...

I LOVE that second blanket! Would you be able to post a link to a pattern? I'm very new to crochet, and I'd love to learn to crochet a big chunky blanket :)

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your adayinthelifeoframona.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com