Friday, August 29, 2008

Not Your Momma's Drop~Cloth

No sir~ree~bob. I was wandering around this eve....feeling scattered and distracted and wanting to blog but unable to f~o~c~u~s! So I mentioned to my daughter that I wanted to do a quickie post~o~rama but was totally out of focus with no focus in sight....despair! She said, "Talk about your drop~cloth drapes that you love so much...and type really fast and that way it will be a quickie post!" She is brilliant that way...soooooo here is my quickie post on my beloved drop~cloth drapes.


I made these rascals a couple of years ago right before Thanksgiving...in fact I think I started on the Monday before turkey day. I wanted natural fabric and something with some body and I did not want to spend too much cash~ola on 'em. So at the last minute before the holidays {this, of course is when my best creativity blossoms} I had this thought: drop~cloth.....natural, big, kinda rustic, inexpensive, really inexpensive and bonus...no fabric store line to wait in! You will find this hunka~hunka yardage love in the paint section of your friendly neighborhood home improvement store...thus making it convenient to pick up a couple cans of chalkboard paint {but alas, that is another post}. I must give a respectful nod to The Nester for elevating Mistreatments to such a grand level.


Check these bad boys out and let me know what you think....now I am off to make drop~cloth pillow slipcovers and stencil the daylights out of them....cuz guess what....this cloth is totally paintable....duh.




Smiles ~ Ramona

13 comments:

Darlene said...

Those look FABULOUS!! Great choice for a drape. Can't wait to see what you have done with chalkboard paint.

Blogger said...

I would have never known!

I love chalkboard paint, even though I have only used it once, lol! I guess that is the challenge....finding places to use it :)

Bella

Ramona said...

I would marry chalkboard paint....that is if it was legal :)...When I was a kid my Dad brought home a gigantic piece of wood and he and my Mom painted it with chalkboard paint and my sisters and I played school til the cows came home....a favorite childhood memory....ahhh those where the days.

Smiles ~ Ramona

Ms. Tee said...

Ramona, this is awesome! Love it! It has kind of a linen-y look to it, too. What a good job you did!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Whoa, that's BRILLIANT! I love that idea! I think I may have to link to this...

Barn House said...

Howdy Ramona! Love the idea...who would know the drop cloth wasn't fine french linen?? Looks great!!

J & J

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Hi, I was transplanted 26 years ago from SO Cal(Orange County) now I'm across the bridge in Vancouver WA!
It's hard not to FALL into Fall! I can smell fireplaces burning instead of barb-b ques today!!! I refuse to surrender and close the French door to turn the heater on!!!
Come visit my blog sometime, thats if you can thaw your fingers long enough to type. LOL!

Enjoy a NW summers day today!
Sara

Kitty Scraps said...

Brilliant! And your window treatments look great, love the natural feeling they have.

trish said...

Good Morning Ramona!
I love your curtains! My husband and I are going to do the same in our school room! (The never ending project but can't start until the first object is tackled-new doors. Can't do those until the weather changes. You know...that kind of project!) Oh I miss that west coast weather!
Quick question...did you sew a seam at the bottom and along the edges? How high is your gather at the top?
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't understand the concluding part of your article, could you please explain it more?

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Anonymous said...

i really love your own writing way, very charming,
don't quit and also keep writing in all honesty , because it just simply that is worth to look through it,
excited to browse way more of your current articles, have a pleasant day :)