Thursday, September 17, 2009

Why We Love Autumn

While driving along this morning...over the river and through the woods {this is the Northwest after all}...I felt so relaxed...like I was being gently rocked...cradled in the arms of the gorgeously foggy...golden sunbeam~y...wood burning crispness of it all.
Good golly I love this season...there is just something about it. While driving along...under falling leaves and rays of sunshine in my eyes...I thought...there is really something more...more than the leaves and the soup and the pumpkins and the angle of the sun and fog and the sweaters and the cozy yummy~ness...there is something more to explain why we all love this season so much.

This is the time of year when the Earth prepares for a long winter's nap. All of the wonderful Autumnal things that we love are really just Mother Earth preparing for that nap...it is like she is rocking nature and us gently in her arms...lulling us to to sleep...and Autumn is that delicious moment between being awake and falling into rest...you know that moment...it is a wonderful surrender...AND...there is just nothing else like it.
Amen!

So surrender...

Breathe in every moment this gorgeous season has to offer...

It is a sweet gift from Mother Nature...
She knows what is good for us...

And we all know that Mother is always right!
Smiles ~ Ramona

4 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh Ramona you said that so perfectly!!! I LOVE your burlap pumpkin!!!!! Too CUTE!♥ Hope you are having a great evening.

southerninspiration said...

I just bought some similar fabric; I want a pumpkin like that!!! I love it!

Suzanne

Stacey said...

You are so right. I just love the word "Autumnal". Sounds as beautiful as the season.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

You just made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!!

Lou Cinda :)