Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thoughts Of Thanksgiving

I always say that preparing for Thanksgiving is like my own little holiday before the holiday.  I absolutely LOVE this holiday.  For me, it begins right after the last trick~or~treater has knocked on our door.  As I wait for the price of turkey to drop...I write out the menu....it is usually the same over the years...but I always, always try to add something new and unexpected to the buffet.  Keep 'em guessing....you know.  One year I added crab cakes and another time it was refreshing Waldorf salad...but the year I discovered Rachael Ray's Pumpkin Soup with Chili Cran~Apple Relish...well, I thought I better get some cutie~pie individual soup crocks for my Thanksgiving table....cuz this one is a keeper!

Doing the prep well in advance makes the whole day...fun~ner!  I love to plan the menu, read recipes, make place cards, iron cloth napkins, set the table in a new and surprising way,  this work is filled with such peace and delight for this wonderful holiday.  

And all the while....the family has know idea that I am deep in holiday mode!  Thanksgiving just might possibly be the best holiday around.


 Pumpkin soup crocks....

If you have heard the news that there is a shortage of pumpkin puree this year...don't fret...it is easy~peasy to make your own...and it makes your home smell wonderful...

 
 I am doing squash colored napkins this year...found this pack at Home Goods...



 Another crock...maybe I will put the cranberries in there...


 What the who~ha....this squirrel nutcracker has found my burlap acorns...
 Pretend squirrel and pretend acorn together again! 


 Platter....empty now...but not for long...


Cocktail napkins for pre~turkey tid~bits...


Even with my Thanksgiving preparations well in hand...I have an upcoming bazaar on the brain...


 I have been painting red burlap...

 
 And remembering how much I love jingle bells....

 
Yep, love 'em...

 
  These are bound for my ETSY shop...

And you can bet that they will be jingling~all~the~way!

 
 I am thankful for this opportunity to serve my family...
little do they know what a blast I have planning for this special day.

Do you love the Thanksgiving preparations too?

Smiles ~ Ramona








7 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh Ramona you are preparing away! LOVE your little pumpkin soup crocks and that nutcracker squirrel is adorable! You make Thanksgiving sooooo special for your family. I am going to go and take a peek at that recipe....it sounds delish!!!

You KNOW I love that pillow and the acorn jingle bells are just too cute!! Hope you have a wonderfully creative week.♥

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

The acorn bells are the CUTEST! Yes, Thanksgiving is the best time of the year!

Anonymous said...

Could you tell me where you got those soup crocks ?

momof3girls said...

thanks for your thoughts of thanksgiving-it was a blessing to read your thoughts!!!!!! Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving!

Ramona said...

Hi there everyone ~ To answer the question about the pumpkin crocks...I found them at Pottery Barn about 4 or so years ago. They are so fun and really give the Thanksgiving table a lot of harvest~y spirit.

Smiles ~ Ramona

Lorrie said...

Ramona I so enjoyed this peek into your Thanksgiving preparations, the fun you're having and your love for making it all special for your family. Holiday traditions are important to me too and I savor those times that we're all together.

prashant said...

Thanksgiving sooooo special for your family. I am going to go and take a peek at that recipe....


Make website india