Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Just 'Cuz It's Broken...Don't Mean It's Done Fer..

You got that right sister... So my favorite weather gal on the tube said that fall is coming and it is coming soon...and it's got a 'tude.....you know...an attitude. So this week it has been in the 80s and 90s and next week...here come the 60s...and not a moment too soon for this gal. Remind me that I said that when I start to whine in late spring.

So I am in the garden this morn...watering my parched lawn and thinking about what to chat about on the ol' blog~ola and I glance down at this ~


And...I bet you might not realize that there are beloved pieces all over my garden and home that my klutzy self dropped...but being a pack~rat~o~rama...extraordinaire ~ I might add...I just couldn't toss 'em. So I did the next best thing....I tossed 'em in the flower pot.

See...broken...but not done~fer...

Here are some more items that I just couldn't toss from my world...take a gander and I am sure that you will understand why I totally deserve the EXTRAORDINAIRE award for my pack~ratty~ness.

Broken...

...or is it? Made ya look!

Ouch...now that's gonna leave a mark!

But wait...he never felt a thing...look at him...sitting there all rooster~y and all...

...And look at this poor dude...can't even begin to tell you what

happened here....garden ornament bar fight...I'm just guess'n...

Now...not so fast....lookie here!

...and here...that ivy has a mind of it's own and see the baby

gazing ball nestled in the pot? I broke the base for it or the wind did...

I like it better in the pot...what do you think?

I heart this tea pot a lot...it has been in many a blog photo....

yep, I heart it a whole bunch and then some....so imagine my dismay

when I broke the lid...what a klutz!

But I was not filled with despair for long....

You don't have to break a teapot lid to glean this idea...

Go ahead...glean away...but first go glean some cones.

Happy Really Late Summer....

Smiles ~ Ramona

10 comments:

Missy Wertz said...

kewl idea. I always keep my teapots with broken lids. You can always find something to use those teapots for. :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Ramona,
Love your idea with the broken pottery! It really dresses up your pots.
Diane

Meghan said...

Ah great idea!
Aren't you clever!!

Darlene said...

I like the broken plates in your pots...they look really cute there. Now don't ya go breaking a bunch more plates.....hee hee

Cute stuff with your broken pieces.

Linda said...

I have the same green plates with the dragonflies on them...I love em'!

What a great way to recycle your broken goods...way to go girl! And to top it off, they all look great in their new homes too!

Ms. Tee said...

What a wonderful idea for those broken plates. I heart your teapot, too - especially with the pinecone in it. :)

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Is that a line from 'Seabiscuit'? I'm pretty sure it is... and it was one of the most poingnant speeches ever given!
Great ideas. I once said, "Super glue is my best friend." : )
M.L.

Blogger said...

I would never have thought to do any of that, now I will...you are so creative, Ramona, everything looks great and like it was 'meant to be!'

Bella :)

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Love your new header, Ramona! So pretty for fall.

And your idea for using the broken pottery is genius. So pretty! -Julia

Nancy Rosalina said...

Oh, I love the idea with the broken plates! Thanks for sharing! Nancy