Friday, March 20, 2009

Hooked On Plate~olas

Welcome Spring!

It has sprung!

And I am here to tell you we couldn't have waited another day....even though I am sporting my ol' Uggs today....just knowing that we have turned this important seasonal corner gives me the strength to go on!

Thought I would jump on over to Julia's Hooked On Fridays party and cha, cha my bad self into the spring decorating mood with something that I have blogged about before...but I am so dog~gone hooked on this that I thought I would blog about it again and again...
Plates.
I am hooked on decorating with plates. Why? Well, lets see...you can find them anywhere and pick them up for a song and a dance {insert a cha~cha here}....you can even use a piece from your everyday set....platters are interesting to display....as well as metal trays and other serving pieces.

Broken?...don't be so hasty and toss that puppy....display it in a outdoor pot....inspired ~ I know...who says recycling isn't decorative...not me!

When you grow weary of any of your single plates or platters that you have used to display....just fill them with cookies and give to a friend as a thank you gift and let them keep the plate...now your styling baby.

Okay, enough of my yik~ity~yak and let us move along because spring is sprung and I don't want to waste one minute of it...
I love this new grouping I put together while spring cleaning recently...

Plates gleaned from Home Goods...a.k.a. my happy place...

Up close and personal...

Spring grouping by the front door...


A recent addition to the dinning room wall...

Another checkerboard plate....we got a theme going here folks...

One of my favorite groupings in the kitchen by the stove...love the tarnished platter...the tarnish~er the better...that's my motto...

Baby chipped plate in a pot of ivy...

Looks like sweet little plates growing in a tidy row...

Now when I break a plate...I am just not as sad as I used to be...

One of my favorites....I'm hooked!!!
Grab a some refreshments and head on back over to Julia's for more inspired ideas that folks are hooked on...I can't think of a better way to start the season.
Happy Spring Everyone!
Smiles ~ Ramona

21 comments:

Darlene said...

Hi Ramona,

I LOVE all your groupings of plates. I have several areas in my home that I think groupings like that would be great! I will now be on the hunt for plates! I also love how you put your broken/chipped plates in your flower pots....TOO cute!! Hope you have a GREAT weekend friend!♥

Kris said...

Great post. Your plates are displayed so pretty throughout your home. I also love the broken plates in the pots.

Have a happy day

Kris

Barn House said...

Hey Ramona! Thank you so much for the b-day wishes!! Love what you are serving up here on your blog...

Jermonne

Angie said...

You are not going to believe this. About 15 minutes ago I threw away the pieces of a plate my son pulled off a table and broke. It was a bunny toile plate and one of my favorites. Then I come across your blog and see a broken plate in a potted plant. GENUIS!!! I am going to go get the pieces out of the trash and put them in with a plant. YAY!!!

modernemama said...

You are so much more creative than I am. I just use my broken plates over the holes in the bottom of flower pots! I like your idea better.

Angie said...

So glad I found your blog! Looking forward to visiting you often!

Chris said...

Beautiful as usual Romona~cold Northwest spring love to you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Ramona! Your blog is great!
You are so creative. I love the broken plates in the planters. What a great idea! Don't you just love Home Goods? I could (and have..) spend hours in there looking around.

xoxo

Ms. Tee said...

Your plates are wonderful, Miss Ramona! I hope that you are still feeling better. :) Have a good week!

Stacey said...

Beautiful! I have lots of plates on the walls too. My husband has recently tried to declare enough is enough. I don't listen to him though. :) Putting the little plates in a pot is new to me and I think it's adorable!

Stacey said...

Ramona, I am posting about you on Wednesday, March 25. Please come by!

southerninspiration said...

I'm over from Stacey's and I've been here way too long reading your fun blog...this is SUCH FuN! Thanks for sharing, and you'll be seeing more of me around here!

Suzanne
Love the plates, and all the creative ideas!

Darlene said...

Hi Ramona,

Stacey did a great post about your blog today. I found out the other day when my friend and I went shopping that we were about 2 miles from where Stacey lives (she is also in Oklahoma). I need to meet her. I also told her I think we need to make a road trip and visit you in your beautiful home!!!! Wouldn't that be just too much fun?!?! I can always dream can't I?♥ Hope you are having a great Wednesday!

Ramona said...

Hey Darlene ~ I would love it! You guys are always welcome. I know that some day we will all meet...

Have a great Wednesday...I am off to post until the cows come home!

Smiles ~ Ramona

bj said...

Hi, Ramona..I'm bj and over from Poofing the Pillows...and so glad to be here. You have a darling blog and I laughed at some of your writings...funny!!
I love your plates..I use them on my walls, too. I am almost tempted to go buy some pretty plates at the thrift store, break them and use in my flower pots!! lol They look fabulous..
I looked for a place to sign up to follow you so I won't miss any of your posts...can't find one, tho. I will, however, add you to my blog roll....
xo bj

Nola said...

Just popped over from Poofing the Pillows. Your use of broken china is super; I'll have to borrow that idea and use it in my garden.

Kathy said...

Hello Ramona, I came over on "poofing the pillows" recommendation and Stacey was right your blog is beautiful, happy and unique and these plate groupings are perfect. what a lovely idea to use the broken plates in the garden too, brings more colour while waiting for the flowers, I am off to spring clean now, but would much rather be playing with my plates or sitting in the garden :-) Happy Wednesday, Kathy.

Carol said...

Your plates are fabulous! I like the way you use plates in your plant pots, how clever!

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Oh you are my kind of girl ! I love,love plates. What a great ideal to put them in the pots.

Debra from Bungalow said...

Hi Ramona, I'm new here, came over from Stacey's.

What a talent you for have putting things together. I love all the plates and your ideas. I hope you'll come by and visit soon.

Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike