Monday, April 13, 2009

Upside~Down Tomato Cages

Here is what I did during a mid~afternoon tea break today...


I made some toppers for my upside~down tomato cages...
To decorate potted plants...I place a tomato cage in a pot...upside~down!


See...then for fun and flair...I made some toppers...

You can make them out of anything...
Here is an upside~down metal pot and I added an old drawer pull to the top...

Baby clay pot, lace, button, sea shells, and a magic marker...

The usual suspects...clay pot, buttons, marker and a finial...


Here...a bit of ribbon, paint, nest and a ratty~tatty old fake~ola bird...


This is a salt~n~pepper shaker I found at the grocery store for a buck...

See...

We might get snow...but I am dreaming of more garden shenanigans when Mr. Sun returns...

Happy Monday
Smiles ~ Ramona

7 comments:

Darlene said...

Hi Ramona,

Those toppers are too CUTE!!! You ALWAYS amaze me with your creativity!! LOVE those!!♥

Stacey said...

Snow? No way.

Your toppers are adorable..which is no surprise to me. When we return from our trip I'm going to try some of your good ideas.

Kris said...

Very cute, clever and creative.

Have a happy day

Kris

Ramona said...

Ahhhh shucks ladies...I just needed a break from the laundry and Monday chores...and my hot glue gun was calling my name...you know how that is...right?!

Have a great week!

Love,
Ramona

Anonymous said...

Hi Ramona! How clever you are! What a way to use the tomato prop thingys! These are adorable!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Ms. Tee said...

You are so cute, Ramona - I love your shenanigans! lol :) Hope you have a good (and warm) day!

Darlene said...

Hi Ramona,

I came by to thank you for saying my header was cute. I have no idea if they are "real" flowers or weeds but they have been popping up all over in the grass (which leads me to think they are weeds). Lexi picked a bunch of them and brought them in to me so they are in a vase on my mantle and I took a picture. She LOVED that I put "her" flowers on my header for now.