Friday, January 16, 2009

Hooked on Fridays ~ Old Ladders...The Rusty~er, The Better

lad'der n.  series of rungs framed by two sidepieces for climbing up or down

~ that's what you think....

Julia's Hooked on Fridays party continues over in my ol' neck of the woods with my ongoing obsession with old ladders.  And as you will all agree, ladders are not just for climbing anymore...and when I discovered this...my decorating was never the same....AMEN.

I am totally hooked on old, rusty, paint~chipped, faded, history~filled, laying on the side of the big red barn....done~fur ladders...love it.

Yep, there is a ladder under there....functional gone wild...

Three rung, chipped red paint love of my life in the family room...

Cracked sun bleached wood...be still my heart!

My baby...found last fall...it stole my heart....oh brother... the stories it could tell...

Ahhhhhhhh.....

High above in the kitchen...

The real love here is the fact that my Hubs hung this bad boy for me the first time I asked...
Now...that's true love.....smile...

See...HOOKED!  Thanks for stopping by....enjoy the party back over at Julia's...aren't we really all hooked on her blog...lucky us!

Smiles ~ Ramona

14 comments:

Missy Wertz said...

That is Kewl!

Ms. Tee said...

Love your ladders, Ramona - and your quilts. :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

How fun! I love these! You always provide us with beautiful things to look at, Ramona. Thanks! :-)

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

These are just wonderful! It makes me want to run out and find an old ladder! Love it!

Darlene said...

Hi Ramona,

Now I want an old ladder....I also want all your quilts & baskets...just BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for showing and sharing!♥

Anonymous said...

Have always loved old ladders... nice ones can be hard to find.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Heathahlee said...

Oh, my goodness I love those ideas! I'm going ladder looking this weekend! : )

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love a rusty ol' ladder! With 3 boys and all their friends running around they would be trouble. I have an old free-standing column too, but for fear of killing someone or taking out a window, I am afraid to move it out of the corner of my bathroom. My first visit, you're awesome!
~Misti

Leila said...

This is just lovely. I love "make-do" solutions that are a million times more interesting and beautiful than something you go out and by on purpose.

Brilliant!

cherry said...

I love your style! I have one sad lonely ladder I display old linens on. I love your blog...gorgeous! cherry

Anonymous said...

Very cool!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Old ladders..not easy to find..but they really do have great uses. I had a very old step ladder. It disappeared in my move. The ones you have look great and you used them beautifully. I just recently have discovered primitives..and can't get enough. I enjoyed your blog..and your ideas!

Unknown said...

I love your use for the ladders! I've always wanted to make a plant stand with one.

Diane

Christina said...

Love this post. We may have an old wooded ladder in the garage. Wonder what my hubby would think of that. I also like your tarnished silver in the last post.