Sunday, January 11, 2009

Useful Vignettes

"The ability to simplify means
to eliminate the unnecessary
so that the necessary may speak."

~Hans Hofmann

Simplify!!!  What a wonderful idea...and believe me friends...I have tried and tried again...but alas...no can do.  I do, however, partake in what I like to think of as a type of simplification...I put my stuff~ola in thoughtful vignettes

I love little vignettes...usefully placed here and there and what the hoot...everywhere around the house.  Sweet little vignettes for my amusement are fun and great for the ol' soul...but lately I have come to enjoy small gatherings of useful items....thoughtfully placed together...in place sight...ready to go at my fingertips...I call these "useful vignettes".

Here in my kitchen...for your consideration...is one of my favorite "useful vignettes"...


Tarnished~y old tea set...love it...filled with tea bags, tea spoons and butter knives.

What useful vignettes have you created in your home?

Smiles ~ Ramona

6 comments:

Darlene said...

That is a great vignette. I don't know that I have ANY useful vignettes....I have to try my best just to make them look decent and cohesive. Some people (you are one of them) have such a knack for making nice looking vignettes.

Ms. Tee said...

Very cute, Ramona. I love the name "useful vignettes." So creative :)
I'm not sure I have any useful ones - well,maybe the ones that have books are? lol Have a great Monday!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

I like this Ramona, I've never thought of vignettes as useful but now I will...my hubby does useful vignettes in the barn, chickens next to their feeder and waterers!!! Cute grouping. I will have to try and come up with something, you have sparked an idea, thanks!
Debbie

Jocelyn:McAuliflower said...

What a wonderful way to phrase that- both the word vignette, and the image.

I'm a bit disappointed I can't think of one in my kitchen aside from the rumpus in my fruit bowl.

Gordostyle said...

So very sweet!

Smiles,
Jen

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I love your vignette! Having spoons right there for use is something I just started this past year. I have one on the island in my kitchen. Ah..but yours...adorable!