Thursday, August 27, 2009

Distressing Diva ~ Gotta Be Hooked!


I am not a diva...not by any means of the imagination...not by a long shot, no way, no how...however, while strolling 'round the ol' home~ola this afternoon, thinking about what I am hooked on...it occurred to me that I have distressed so many items that I must be hooked...in fact...I must be a diva...a distressing diva.
Thanks to Julia, our very own diva of houses and a gal we are all hooked on, for another fun Friday get~together!
Take a peek at the wares in our house that have fallen victim to my sand paper, crackle finished, stained and pickled diva distressing ways...
Sand paper~ed gone wild...
{truth be told ~ I bought this bird house already distressed to it's current
wonderful ~ wonderful~ness}

Weathered and worn...looks like it has a story to tell...

I want to marry crackle medium...

Sanding them corners is so much more fun than folding laundry...

Worn out...enough said...

Crackling...it is quite fun...


I think that this is probably a "poor crackle technique"...but remember...
I am a distressing diva...and I don't care!

I painted and crackled and sanded and stained this old dinning set years ago
and it is one of my all~time favorite projects...
Sanded wood with yellow paint showing through...be still my heart!

When my husband said that this piece looks like a saw~horse
and belongs in a barn...my heart sang!!!!
Even the teeniest bit of sanding makes me smile...
So here are the fact~o~ramas ~
Sand Paper or Wall Paper......SAND PAPER
Bottle of Crackle Medium or Bottle of Nail Polish.......BOTTLE OF CRACKLE MEDIUM
Stained and Antiqued or Shiny Finish......WHAT DO YOU THINK!
Pop on back over to Hooked on Houses for more Hooked on Friday fun...
And now...there is a chair in the other room that has a date with some sand paper.
Smiles ~ Ramona

9 comments:

Joan@anythinsggoeshere said...

I am with you! I am hooked on distressing too. Lots of fun pictures in your post to look at and be inspired by.

Anonymous said...

A little distressing just gives it that lived in look.

Atticmag said...

Oh my gosh, you are too funny! You can distress my furniture any day :D Fab work you do. Jane T.

Terry said...

This cracks me up: "When my husband said that this piece looks like a saw~horse
and belongs in a barn...my heart sang!!!!" Now speaking as a husband, we love stuff that's already beat up.

Darlene said...

I love all your distressed pieces. You KNOW I love everything you decorate with no matter what it is!!!!!!!♥

Diva Kreszl said...

Enjoyed your post today!!! It's a shame being a 'Diva' has gotten such a bad rap lately. Originally the 'Diva' was the lead opera star or prima ballerina in the show.

From a true Diva (yes that's really my birth name)!

Kelli said...

The more distressed the better! I love it too!

Anne E said...

Those are some beautiful finishes, Ramona. Great job! and thanks for sharing :)

Why S? said...

There was a time that I didn't think that distressing was for me. Then I chose it for my kitchen cabinets and I love it. I now have distressed dining table and on my rehabb'd buffet.

Nice post.