Friday, August 14, 2009

I Think Summer Might Be Yawning...

Truly...I think I am seeing summer yawn...just a bit...I know that we have several weeks of this glorious season left...I'm just saying...I think have seen summer yawn a bit...here and there.



Take a peek at what was peeking back at me this day...
Mildly spent hydrangeas...

A Halloween spider in the making...

See those red leaves? Summer Yawning! Shhhhhh....

I did hang a sweet summer plate sent to me by a sweetie pie
also known as Ms. Tee from Delightful Home blog fame...

It is so fun to add a little something new in the middle of a season...
So fun! Just like her blog...


This bad boy was in the produce isle of the grocery store yesterday...
I couldn't help myself...I actually looked around for more gourds!!!

I really couldn't help myself...

I know that summer is barely yawning and not stretching...but who can
resist a harvest~ly treat?

I couldn't resist!

It is so funny...I found myself yawning several times while writing this post...
These simple winks of summer leaning toward fall just remind me how precious these warm days are...and it is fun to play around with harvest~y goodies knowing full well
summer is only yawning a bit and not stretching and rolling over into autumn...not quite yet!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone...
Smiles ~ Ramona

7 comments:

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Ramona...I have enjoyed your blog and your charming photos... I'm glad you love the color orange! I like to wear that color a lot....and I do believe summer is starting to stretch herself a bit, I'm not quite ready for that yet...Have a lovely weekend, and stop over for a visit, I'll leave the light on for ya!! xoxo~ Kathy~ @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Darlene said...

Morning Ramona,

I LOVE that. Summer is actually yawning a bit around here too. The other day it was 75 degrees MOST of the day...unheard of for So. Oklahoma in August!!!! I absolutely LOVED it and stayed outside most of the day!

I LOVE that sweet little bird plate....it is darling!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.♥

Stacey said...

Hi Ramona! I am definitely starting to feel the tug of the seasons too. You know, I live about an hour or so from Darlene. She's right.. it has been much cooler here than normal. August is by far usually our hottest month. This year has been wonderful and rainy!

I have to tell you this (don't comment back because I don't want my MIL to see it)....My in laws were here last weekend. We were out pulling weeds in the backyard. My MIL pulled ALL of the drying hydrangeas off of two bushes! She thought they were goners and I didn't have the nerve to stop her. Finally she said, "I am supposed to pull these off, right?" That's when I said, "Well not really." She was putting them in the trash. Oh well. She's too sweet to fuss at her.

Your plates are adorable. ;)

Marla said...

Ramona, I always enjoy your post's and the glimpses of nature in your yard. I think I told you before I used to live in Beaverton,now live in Florida, but I miss the hydrangeas that I had there in my yard. I used to live on Yorktown Dr. not too far from Bethany Elem. I miss being in Oregon some times, I especially love summer and fall in the NW. Thanks for your lovely blog. Marla

Barb said...

Hi Ramona, I love your post....and I just adore Fall. I am chomping at the bit for it.

Thanks so much for displaying the Rooster button. Looking forward to seeing you on the 28th.

Barb :-)

southerninspiration said...

Oh, fall cannot get here fast enough for me.......but it won't feel like fall here for another eight or ten weeks, I'm guessing.....then it will be minimal. But give me some November days, maybe even October....sigh.

Suzanne

Ms. Tee said...

Hey Ramona :)
I have seen fall "yawning" in my backyard, too! I took a photo of some leaves changing last week. I can't believe they are already changing here in the South, because Fall doesn't usually get here until October - but they are. :) I love what you did with the little plate and I'm so glad you liked it!