Monday, May 12, 2008

A Tisket, A Tasket....




....a million, zillion baskets hanging here and there and everywhere! E, I, E, I, Ohhhhhh. Yes, there are baskets everywhere in this house. I love them a bunch and then some. When the Hubs and I set up house many years ago.....I would go to Cost Plus and buy lots and lots of baskets to hang on the wall. They were sooooo cheap...so I could afford lots and lots.


After 28 years of marriage it is safe to say that nothing has changed much...we still have many, many, many baskets....everywhere! When we bought our current home eleven years ago....the first decorating project we undertook was to hang this heavenly~rusty ol'~paint peeling~heading for the landfill~piece of joy~ladder across the kitchen as a basket and pot holder. I couldn't believe that my husband was so supportive in hanging that rickety old thing across our new kitchen ceiling...he must have been overcome with the delight in my eyes....yep, I was truly, truly excited about this!


I picked up a very large basket tray at Target last year. It is pretty heavy duty. I use is all the time! I put dishes on it when we eat outside. I serve breakfast on it...I love the juxtaposition of the crisp white linen lining the bottom of the rustic weave. Love It!


I don't understand the joke about taking "basket weaving" in school...as if that would be a waste of time. I think studying such a craft would be a very lucrative career move ~ seeing how there is so much basket love in the world.


No comments: