Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Outdoor Rooms Are Just Funner!






Funner? Yep, they are! Outdoor rooms, that is. I just love a good outdoor room. Even little vignettes of tables and chairs or benches piled high with fluffy pillows tucked into secret corners of your yard...pure delight!


Oh, and did I mention that I love the juxtaposition of it all! And the more juxtapositioning, the better! Let me paint a picture of this for you....sweet little quilts thrown over the rail of the porch or over the back of chairs around the table ready to cover chilly legs while you and yours linger in the yard past dark. Or...picture this....pillows placed here and there....stacked high in the corner of the patio...Oh, and how about hanging a clock outside, or a lamp on a table, or a picture hung on the side of the ol' homestead?


I am also thinking....candles everywhere, maybe an old metal tea set on a faux, a la dollar store, silver tray....and, and, and fruit in the bottoms of flower pots around the base of plants planted in said pots....lemons in the summer and green apples in the fall...lots of fruit and you can still eat it if you wanna...yum!


And by all means....hang some curtains....that is the best juxtaposition of them all....in fact...I think that it just might be juxtapostion~ola! I am certain of it!


Better dash....gotta plant and small vegi garden in an old chest of drawers!


~Smiles~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this post and I love your blog. It really shows all the little creative things you do around our house :) I love you mom!