Monday, April 14, 2008

I Heart Chairs






Oh don't 'cha know it. I really do heart chairs. Especially little ones..little ones for children or even smaller...the ones for dolls ~ I can hardly resist them. My favorite doll-sized chair is one I bought at the Magic of Oregon show a million or so years ago that is upholstered in an old quilt. Totally cool! I purchased it early at the show and carried it around for the rest of the day....and probably could have resold it for double the price that I had paid. But resell it....no-can-do...I fell in love with it the minute I saw it. It is probably right up there with the large rooster in my love, love, love it catagory.


Big chairs are great too. I took our old dining room chairs that looked tired and sad and I crackle painted them puppies and reupholstered the seats....fell back in love with those bad boys right then and there.


Now some may think it wrong to love chairs and roosters and words on walls as much as I do....but if it is wrong, well then, I don't wanna be right. And, don't be swift to judge me until you have heard about my obsession with benches, ladders and clocks...then it will be safe to say....I am a sick decorating chick~ola....I just love good design....now is that so wrong?


Ciao!

1 comment:

paperjunk-lc said...

OMG I love chairs too. I have a collection of small ones, I love children's chairs too. I need to do a post on them. My step Mom has a wonderful collection. Great small children's benches too.