Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Boxwoods on the Brain


I love boxwoods! I love them a lot. When I think about moving to a smaller house someday, I always see myself at Home Depot buying lots and lots of little boxwoods to plant in my new garden. So....here are some great things about this particular plant.


One.

Ya can't kill 'em...unless ya wanna.

Two.

Easy to plant.

Three.

Always green.

Four.

They look fantastic outlining a path.

Five.

They make great clippings.

Six.

Cheap.

Seven.

Transplant easily.

Eight.

They come in different varieties.

Nine.

They look really cute in a pot.

Ten.

They die, I mean, dry beautifully.


I once did have two boxwoods die in a clay pot over the summer when I was pregnant with our last child because I forgot to water those poor sweet plants. I thought that they looked so cool that I brought them in the house and painted and decoupaged the pots with those "dried" boxwoods in them....I loved it! It is really kind of funny....those two "dried" boxwoods are probably two of my most favorite things in the house....second to that large rooster in the aforementioned entry...of course.


No comments: