Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I Was Just Thinking...



I was just thinking about how I love to see "words" in decorating. I love the alphabet. I love to doodle and what do I love to doodle? Yep, the alphabet. I have even created some of my own original fonts. When I was younger I would receive awards in school for penmanship...the art of fine handwritting. I love the alphabet. The song about it ain't half bad either.


I stenciled a favorite quote on our nook wall. "Thou shalt sit on a cushion and sew a fine seam and feed upon strawberries, sugar and cream." I love this quote.....it was stenciled in our kitchen of our old house too. I don't really know why this speaks to me so.....because, although I sew a lot of seams....seldom are they fine and I prefer my strawberries straight up....no cream and for heaven's sake...no sugar. Nonetheless, I do love this quote....must be the thing about sitting on a cushion....that I know how to do quite well, thank you very much.


Ta, ta for now!


Smiles.

No comments: